Friday, September 19, 2008

snap on / collar/ details

I used snap on buttons to attach the 2 front fabrics to the waist. Is this the rigth way? Is there another better way? coz the result is not too good (see photos). The green retangle, it's was a bit stange. Perhaps is the amount of farbic, or the way I attach them (snap on) is wrong?



See the pink circle? I think I have too much fabric there, how to fix?
Also, purple is dragging/drap/dip problem.

I didn't use a wide collar, just a short one, coz before I add the collar in the neck opening (the blue/purple triangle) look so sall, it doesn't match to have a high collar, at least that's how I feel.


Also, I'd like to have different styles of hanfu, with different styles of collar height and sizes of neck opening.

3 comments:

Miko said...

I am not sure about the other styles. For us, our collars are always tight around the neck. Not too tight that you can't breathe.

Here is a link to one example.
http://bp3.blogger.com/_A2nc9OQAQn8/RydVZAQ2D3I/AAAAAAAAB3g/9ZB8RQdiU4M/s1600-h/DSC01565.jpg

http://bp1.blogger.com/_A2nc9OQAQn8/RydU7gQ2DzI/AAAAAAAAB3A/ZPpq26mJjoo/s1600-h/DSC01553.jpg

just for your reference. I don't know how to make costumes. :P I only know how to wear them.

PS: I think the sleeve is fine. It's normal to have those creases.

na said...

Thankx Miko, yeah, I know with no shoulder trim there will be lots of creases (fabrics gathered). I am worry that it will look bulk when I add another layer of clothing on it, coz I will.

I saw the links you sent me. I am curious, does the dark brown garment has lots of crease too?
~~~
I am glad to know that my sleeves is okay.
~~~~
And also someone suggest my armpit circumference can affect the collar. I don't know, what do you think? by seeing my hanfu lay flat.

Thankx all you. I hope I can make it right soon, so I can share the fine pattern on the blog for others.

Miko said...

Yes, the creases are everywhere. Then again, there are ways to wear the costume correctly so that it minimise the creases around the waist area.

I don't know much about the circumference of the sleeve though. Maybe you can ask your friend to elaborate more.